In addition to its function as a natural heat and smoke extractor, the PHOENIX can be used for everyday ventilation; even coping with extreme weather conditions. On customers request the PHÖNIX is available in insulated or non-insulated versions, or in the K33 version as a thermally separated System, that lowers the condensation point, resulting in less production-related condensation in certain types of factory. The top flaps can be fitted with a choice of either 16 mm multiwall polycarbonate panels or an aluminium sandwich structure. Depending on the top flap infill, sound absorption levels of up to 33 dB are possible.
Depending on the design, the top flaps open via compressed air cylinders with end-position locking at both ends or via electric servomotors. Weathertightness is achieved by means of EPDM profile seals. Additionally, the PHOENIX can be fitted with insect screens. In order to avoid glare, lighting grids can be additionally installed in the system. On request, the PHOENIX can be supplied with fall-through-safety grids, thus helping to guarantee the required fall-through protection. The system modules are pre-assembled and tested ready for operation.
The systems are made to order and can be produced in all lengths and widths up to 2,500 x 3,000 mm.
The systems comply with DIN EN 12101-2 and VdS 2159 (depending on the specification).
In addition, the pneumatically controlled PX1 and PX2 units have been tested for explosion protection (ATEX) according to the EU Directive 94/9/EC with reference to EN 1127-1, EN13463-1 and EN 13463-5
ALTERNATIVE OF FLAPS TYPE
- Single-flap in an opening or a non-opening version (only for skylights/Northlight roofs)
- Double flap in opening or non-opening versions
- Double-flap version with short cylinders
- Flexible sizing makes the system ideal for use on flat roofs for all roof openings up to 7,5 m²
- Suitable for everyday ventilation (full ventilation at 90° vent position
- Endurance tests with 10,000 opening cycles have confirmed the robust, functional design and the high quality of the materials used
- The thermally separated version reduces condensation Problems
- Good aerodynamic efficiency
- Good U-value and low joint leakage
- Available with opaque flaps
- Efficient drainage of rainwater via central drainage channels
- The pivot points on the cylinders or servomotors consist of aluminium-profiles with Teflon-coated bronze bushes and therefore require no maintenance.
- Easy mounting in all roof and wall constructions up to a 90° angle
- Individually adaptable to all types of buildings
- Energy-saving natural lighting, which is glare-free when using opal polycarbonate or LumiraTM-filled panels (light incidence from above is five times more effective than through side windows)
- All consoles are produced from high-strength castings
- Hail-and fall-through-proof depending on the specification
- Powder coating allows for individual choice of colours
- Plinth mounting using tension locks – no drill holes needed
- Fire-resistance rating A1 (depending on the specification)
- Low maintenance
- The products contain no harmful materials and can be recycled
Field of application:
- Flat roofs
- Northlight roofs
- Skylight systems
- Gable roof skylight systems